Randomness Guide to London - Differences between Version 27 and Version 26 of Windmill, W1S 2AZ
|Version 27||Version 26|
|== Line 15 ==||== Line 15 ==|
* [http://web.archive.org/web/20120906080442/http://fancyapint.com/Pub/326 Fancyapint review]
* [http://www.fancyapint.com/pub/326 Fancyapint review]
|== Line 18 ==||== Line 18 ==|
* [https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/oct/11/the-windmill-london-you-will-be-rewarded-with-terrific-pie-restaurant-review The Guardian review] (Jay Rayner)
* [http://web.archive.org/web/20080203163310/http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/reviews/11320.html Time Out review]
* [http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/reviews/11320.html Time Out review]
|== Line 22 ==||== Line 21 ==|
* [http://flickr.com/photos/kake_pugh/2094138904/ Photo of a sample lunch menu from December 2007]
* [http://www.youngs.co.uk/pub-detail.asp?PubID=465 Young's website]
* [http://flickr.com/photos/kake_pugh/2094138904/sizes/l/ Flickr photo of a sample lunch menu from December 2007]
|== Line 28 ==||== Line 28 ==|
|== Line 32 ==||== Line 32 ==|
|== Line 34 ==||== Line 34 ==|
|== Line 47 ==||== Line 47 ==|
|website='http://www.windmillmayfair.co.uk/' website='https://www.windmillmayfair.co.uk/'||website='http://www.windmillmayfair.co.uk/' website='https://www.windmillmayfair.co.uk/'|
Young's pub in Mayfair, with a restaurant (or "pie room" as they bill it) upstairs.
Kake et al. have been coming here for years; it's a good, reliable pub which also serves good food. We used to use the function room for London Perlmongers, too (but stopped when they started insisting on a room hire charge). Never tried the restaurant, though, just the pub food. There's a second dining room down some steps to the rear of the pub as well.
It gets quite busy post-work; get here before 5pm if you want to be guaranteed a seat, particularly later in the week, and when the weather's not great for standing outside. Service is generally friendly and well-organised, and there are newspapers available for customers to read.
On our March 2008 visit, Bombardier was £3.05/pint, Deuchars IPA was £3/pint, and Waggledance was £2.70/bottle. (They usually have a couple of Young's beers in bottles, but it's never predictable which as they run out quickly — don't believe the list on the menu.) On our July 2008 visit, Waggledance (£3.10/pint) had replaced the Deuchars. We noted they also had Blackthorn cider on tap (this is quite unusual these days). Surprisingly, there were still a fair few seats left at just gone 6pm, but then it was a Monday.
On a May 2012 visit, Ewan found a number of Twickenham ales alongside the usual Young's selection. As it was a hot sunny day, there was plenty of space inside as most people were out on the street.
As of April 2010, food is served noon-9:30pm Monday to Friday, and noon-3:30pm Saturday (restaurant times differ).
Accessibility: Single step of several inches at each entrance door. Men's and women's toilets are both up a flight of stairs; no sign of accessible toilets.
- Fancyapint review
- Pubs Galore comments
- Beer In The Evening comments
- Time Out review
- Barblog review
- The Arbuturian review
- Young's website
- Flickr photo of a sample lunch menu from December 2007
List all versions