Randomness Guide to London - Differences between Version 5 and Version 4 of Stockpot, W1D 4TN
|Version 5||Version 4|
|== Line 14 ==||== Line 14 ==|
* [http://web.archive.org/web/20160701062606/http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/stockpot Time Out review]
* [https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-stockpot-london Yelp comments]
* [http://www.london-eating.co.uk/4361.htm London Eating comments]
* [http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/reviews/330.html Time Out review]
* [http://www.qype.co.uk/place/94915 Qype comments]
|== Line 21 ==||== Line 22 ==|
|== Line 26 ==||== Line 27 ==|
The Stockpot was a restaurant serving about the cheapest meal you were likely to find in Soho or anywhere thereabouts. It closed in late 2015.
The information below is retained for historical purposes.
The menu sticks to the tried-and-tested, as befits a place which has been around since the 1950s. Food is broadly European, with pasta dishes and omelettes dominating the menu. There's a set menu of £5.95 for two courses which is available at all times. Tap water is also happily provided, though a half-bottle of the perfectly drinkable house wine costs £5.30.
Service is brisk and efficient, with no unnecessary waits. As such turnover of customers is fairly rapid and there's not usually any trouble getting a table.
My friend's omelette was cooked just right, while my vegetarian lasagne was filling and tasty (even if the presentation was merely functional).
List all versions