Randomness Guide to London - Differences between Version 21 and Version 1 of Champion, W1T 3PA
|Version 21||Version 1|
|== Line 0 ==||== Line 0 ==|
|Samuel Smith's pub in [[Locale Fitzrovia|Fitzrovia]].
||Samuel Smith's pub.
|== Line 2 ==||== Line 2 ==|
Tables set up in areas divided by shallow partitions, with banquette seating, surround the central bar area in this dark but atmospheric pub, which retains its remarkable stained-glass windows depicting various sporting champions of the era when it was built. The upstairs opens at 5:30pm and there are nice big corner tables with comfy chairs so very good for meeting people post-work and securing a big space.
This is a good pub for lunch during office hours, if the Sam Smith's menu appeals. Food is served noon-2:30pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm Monday to Thursday, and noon-2:30pm Friday and Saturday.
[[Bec]] comments in 2010: I go here often and it's never too crowded. I find a big bowl of chips is enough for two people. Though the lime & soda isn't as cheap as most Sam Smith's charge - usually it's an arbitrary 40p or something but once I was charged £2 - that was only once though.
* [https://boakandbailey.com/2020/09/the-champion-fitzrovia-a-victorian-fantasy/ Boak and Bailey's article on the history of the pub]
* [http://www.peterberthoud.co.uk/blog/03032018110405-champion-the-wonder-pub/ Peter Berthoud's article on the stained-glass windows (with photos)]
* [http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub1035.php Fancyapint review]
* [http://freakytrigger.co.uk/ft/2010/01/the-ft-top-25-pubs-of-the-00s-no-9-the-champion-wells-street-wc1/ Freaky Trigger review]
* [http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/22207/ Pubs Galore comments]
* [http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/comments.shtml/5059/ Beer In The Evening comments]
* [https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-champion-london-2 Yelp comments]
* [http://web.archive.org/web/20080410113148/http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/reviews/11689.html Time Out review]
<div class="last_verified">Last visited by [[Ewan]] and work colleagues, September 2011. Opening hours and food times taken from Time Out website, April 2008.</div>
* [http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/comments.shtml/5059/ Beer in the Evening comments]
|== Line 20 ==||== Line 4 ==|
category='Pub Food,Pubs,Samuel Smith's'
|== Line 24 ==||== Line 8 ==|
hours_text='11:30am-11pm Mon-Fri; noon-11pm Sat; noon-10:30pm Sun'
|== Line 31 ==||== Line 15 ==|
opening_hours_text='11:30am-11pm Mon-Fri; noon-11pm Sat; noon-10:30pm Sun'
|== Line 38 ==||== Line 18 ==|
phone='020 7323 1228'
|== Line 20 ==||== Line 20 ==|
|summary='Samuel Smith's pub.' summary='Samuel Smith's pub in Fitzrovia.'||summary='Samuel Smith's pub.' summary='Samuel Smith's pub in Fitzrovia.'|
Samuel Smith's pub.
List all versions