Ways To Search RGL
The “official” ways to search this site are the Location Search and the Category Search, linked in the navigation bar. Below is a list of the extra little scripts and addons that Kake has written for searching the guide in other ways. Some of them are a bit rough around the edges — the results may not be presented in a particularly pretty format, for example — but they should all give accurate results. If you have a problem with any of them, then see Contact RGL to send Kake a message and get her to fix it!
- The Pub Search — find your perfect pub by searching on various criteria.
- The Food Search — like the pub search, but for places that sell/serve food.
- Find all pages with no associated photo — so you can take one, and add it! (Or find one on Flickr; see Using Photos From Flickr.)
- Find all pages with photos by a specific photographer — handy if you want to keep track of which of your photos have been used on RGL.
- Find all pages edited by a specific person — well, by a specific username, really.
- Search by address — find pages on a specific street.
- Find all pages which only have a small amount of content — pages without much content are very likely to be “stub pages” which could benefit from a bit of attention.
- Find all things near things in a given locale — mostly useful for spotting things that might have been left out of a particular locale, particularly one you only just added.
- Find all Tube/rail stations that don't know which zone they're in — note that Watford Junction Station is on this list not because we don't know what zone it's in, but because Zone W is only used internally by TfL, and this is the only station in that zone.
- Find things on the way to other things — still experimental, comments welcome.