Randomness Guide to London - Differences between Version 24 and Version 12 of Oxford Tavern, NW5 2AA
|Version 24||Version 12|
|== Line 0 ==||== Line 0 ==|
|Pub very near [[Kentish Town Station]]. It was previously known as the Oxford <small>[https://www.flickr.com/photos/55935853@N00/2306086020/ photo]</small>, but reverted to its earlier name of the Oxford Tavern after [https://www.kentishtowner.co.uk/2018/04/25/the-oxford-pub-reopens-as-oxford-tavern/ Greene King sold it to Maverick Pubs] in early 2018.
||Good Beer Guide pub very near [[Kentish Town Station]].
|== Line 2 ==|
The information below predates not only the purchase by Maverick Pubs, but also [http://web.archive.org/web/20110430095008/http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk:80/news.ma/article/90427 the previous purchase by Greene King], and so some or all of the details are likely out of date.
|== Line 13 ==|
* [http://fancyapint.com/pub/1671 Fancyapint review]
* [http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/23791/ Pubs Galore comments]
|== Line 16 ==||== Line 12 ==|
* Time Out reviews: [http://web.archive.org/web/20071204002652/http://www.timeout.com:80/london/bars/reviews/7949.html 1] [http://web.archive.org/web/20080202153927/http://www.timeout.com:80/london/bars/reviews/11285.html 2]
* [http://access-eat.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/oxford-256-kentish-town-road-london-nw5.html Access Eat review]
* [https://whatpub.com/pubs/NLD/6095/ WhatPub entry]
* [http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub1671.html Fancyapint review]
* Time Out reviews [http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/reviews/7949.html 1] [http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/reviews/11285.html 2]
* [http://crispypork.wordpress.com/the-oxford/ Crispy Pork review]
* [http://access-eat.blogspot.com/2010/05/oxford-256-kentish-town-road-london-nw5.html Access Eat review]
|== Line 20 ==||== Line 17 ==|
<div class="last_verified">Last visited by [[billy]], November 2009.</div>
<div class="last_verified">Opening hours taken from the 2008 Good Beer Guide. Last visited by [[billy]], 17 November 2009.</div>
|== Line 22 ==||== Line 19 ==|
category='Beer Garden,Good Beer Guide 2008,Good Beer Guide 2009,Good Beer Guide 2010,Good Beer Guide 2011,Pub Food,Pubs,Real Ale,Smoking Area'
category='Beer Garden,Food Served Evenings,Food Served Lunchtimes,Good Beer Guide,Good Beer Guide 2008,Good Beer Guide 2009,Good Beer Guide 2010,Pubs,Real Ale,Smoking Area'
|== Line 24 ==||== Line 21 ==|
hours_text='noon-11pm Mon-Thu; noon-midnight Fri-Sat; noon-10:30pm Sun'
|== Line 30 ==||== Line 27 ==|
|== Line 32 ==||== Line 29 ==|
opening_hours_text='noon-11pm Mon-Thu; noon-midnight Fri-Sat; noon-10:30pm Sun'
phone='020 7485 3521'
|== Line 38 ==||== Line 39 ==|
summary='Pub very near Kentish Town station, previously known as the Oxford.'
summary='Good Beer Guide pub very near Kentish Town station.'
Good Beer Guide pub very near Kentish Town Station.
They have three hand pumps (with Brakspear, Ruddles County, and Doom Bar on billy's November 2009 visit) and the beer is kept quite well, coming in at about £3.25 a pint. They also have a small array of lagers, including Sagres and Amstel, as well as Addlestones cider and a selection of bottles.
The pub sells itself on its food and the menu looks varied and interesting, with steaks, pork belly and pie sitting next to bream, gnocchi and salads. Starters range from £4-7 and mains from £10-16. They also have a range of puddings at £5 and a cheeseplate at £7.50.
The pub is split in half, with a dining area at the back. This means that the front is generally more full than the back, and there is limited seating if you are not eating. There are some picnic tables outside and the license covers their use for drinking until 11pm.
The toilets are at the back of the pub through the dining area, which is quite crowded with tables, making it difficult to get through when the pub is busy.
- Beer In The Evening comments
- Fancyapint review
- Time Out reviews 1 2
- Crispy Pork review
- Access Eat review
List all versions