Randomness Guide to London - Differences between Version 12 and Version 11 of Chilango, N1 0PN
|Version 12||Version 11|
|== Line 8 ==||== Line 8 ==|
* Edible London reviews: [http://ediblelondon.blogspot.com/2008/07/mucho-mas.html July 2008], [http://ediblelondon.blogspot.com/2011/11/chilango-plus-ca-change.html November 2011]
* [http://ediblelondon.blogspot.com/2008/07/mucho-mas.html Edible London review]
|== Line 23 ==||== Line 23 ==|
A small Mexican fast food restaurant on Upper Street in Islington, specialising in burritos. It does takeaway or eat in, and was previously known as Mucho Mas; it's now called Chilango, but it's the same people/chain behind it. They have another branch on Fleet Street.
This is a cheap and cheerful Mexican fast food place, which offers steak, chicken, or vegetarian burritos (or salads as a healthier alternative). There is only limited seating downstairs but they have tables on the pavement in good weather and the upper floor is now open. Food quality is good, portion size is fine, and prices range from about £4.50 to £6.50 for the main option (burritos come in medium or large sizes.) There are free refills when you buy a soda.
Kat visited for lunch in January 2011 and was pleased with her pork burrito - the medium size was plenty of food; the salsa and guacamole were very tasty. The pork had a nice texture but wasn't as flavoursome as it could have been. The upstairs section was busy, but a few tables were free at 1.30pm. A return visit is definitely on the cards.
- Photo of the menu as of October 2007
- Edible London review
- Londonist "review"
- Londonelicious review
- Qype comments
- Chowhound thread
- The London Insider review
- Will Eat For Money review
- Roasted review
List all versions