Le Chandelier, SE22 8HX
- 020 8299 3344
- 161 Lordship Lane, SE22 8HX
- closed Mon; 9:30am-10pm Tue-Fri; 11am-7pm Sun
A stylish tea shop on Lordship Lane in East Dulwich.
AndrewB thinks it is slightly on the expensive side (cappuccino was £2.50 in 2007) but worth a visit for the style.
secretlondon visited one Saturday in March 2009. To be honest I didn't think it was stylish or expensive. Pots of tea range from £2.50 to £4. I had a pot of Moroccan mint tea (enough for four cups) photo and a chocolate eclair photo for £3.80.
They have about 20 or so varieties of tea, and some wine. They also do cakes. My cake was really nice - it had chocolate cream inside.
Even though there is a lot of seating - outside, the shop, a ramp down to the more seating at back of the shop, and an unseen upstairs - they were full at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon.
The decor is a bit chintzy as you'd expect with lots of chandeliers. The music was Prince, which didn't really fit though.
- Time Out review
- Flickrite rich_w's photo of the menu/interior
- London Review of Breakfasts review
- East Dulwich Forum thread claims there is a "2 pram rule"!
- Qype review
- Little Doll Face write up