Indian YMCA, W1T 6AQ
- 020 7387 0411
- 1 Fitzroy Square, W1T 6AQ
- 7.30am-9.15am, noon-2pm, and 7pm-8.30pm Mon-Fri; 8am-9.30am, 12.30pm-1.30pm, and 7pm-8.30pm Sat-Sun and Bank Holidays
The Indian YMCA Youth Hostel is not far from Tottenham Court Road, and its dining room is open to residents and non-residents alike. It offers delicious and cheap meals, with vegetarian and meat dishes. It's open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, seven days a week.
Bec visited for lunch on 1st February 2008 at 12:45pm - I have been told the food may run out if you leave it too late. The dining hall has large communal tables, and patrons load up a tray with food served canteen-style. I had pilau rice for £1.50, a curried cabbage dish for £1.40, a bowl of very soupy and very tasty dal for £1, and a small plate of salad for 30p.
Dinner is served from 7pm to 8:30pm every day and costs £5. Dinner typically consists of curry, cooked veg, dal, rice, and a simple dessert (eg ice cream or tinned fruit).
- Time Out review
- London Curry Addicts review
- Skinny Bib review (scroll down)
- Malcolm Wilkins' review
- Tamarind And Thyme review
- Yelp comments