The excellently-named Hilly Fields is a park situated between Brockley and Ladywell in the London Borough of Lewisham. It's basically a big open green space on a hill — although the grass and trees are kept neat, it doesn't have formal flowerbeds or anything like that.
Facilities include a children's playground, tennis courts, a picnic area, and a cafe.
A commenter (May 2013) tells us: "There are public toilets, they are adjacent to the cafe, which is at the top of hill, overlooking the stone circle. The park has a resident cricket club and the Francis Drake Bowls club have their home on the northern boundary."
As the name suggests, it's on a hill, so it has good views of the surrounding area. A farmers market is held here on the 2nd Saturday of each month (see Brockley Central comments).
- Friends of Hilly Fields
- Facilities at Hilly Fields, from the Lewisham council website
- Brockley Central article
- Brockley Central feature on the Hilly Fields Users Group
- diamond geezer's writeup (including song)
- Hilly Fields Birdwatch blog
- Brockley Central article on the origins of Hilly Fields
- Tired Of London entry