Eurasia, CR0 1YG
As of March 2014 there's a bailiff's notice in the window photo.
The information below is retained for historical purposes.
Despite its location in a somewhat bleak and tucked-away shopping mall (the site of a planned regeneration project that never came to fruition), this little shop is well worth a visit for those with an interest in the cuisine of the Philippines.
When Kake visited in July 2012, notable items in stock included:
- snack foods such as crispy fried squid and chilli garlic roasted corn
- frozen items such as pig's blood, beef lungs, taro, and grated cassava
- canned goods such as banana blossoms in coconut milk
- tapioca pearls
- salted duck eggs (sold individually at the counter)
- several types of dried noodles including my favoured brand of bean thread noodles (Longkou/龍口)
Many of these were still in evidence in October 2013, after the change of management, though Kake only specifically looked for pig's blood, roasted corn, and Longkou noodles.
Accessibility: No step to get in, and although the space is small it's relatively uncluttered.