Angel, WC2H 8LE
- 020 7240 2876
- 61-62 St Giles High Street, WC2H 8LE
- 11:30am-11pm Mon-Fri; noon-11pm Sat; 1-10:30pm Sun
It's not very attractive on the outside, but the three bars and courtyard on the inside make it well worth a visit. It can be difficult to figure out how to get in, as there are separate doors for each side of the bar, and it's not possible to get between the areas without leaving and going back in the other doors.
Note that although you can smoke in the courtyard, it's only open until 5:30pm, and isn't open at all on Sundays.
Food served until 9pm (6pm Sundays). The menu looks very basic and pubby.
Accessibility: The gents' toilet is in the basement. Not sure about the ladies'.
- Fancyapint review
- ViewLondon review
- Pubs Galore comments
- Beer In The Evening comments
- Tasty Fever review
- Old School London article
- Qype comments
- CAMRA Regional Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors entry